Topknot Climbing is a proud local business. We share our passion for everthing climbing. Twenty years experience and counting.
Firstly beginning a career in the outdoors with a Certificate 1V in Outdoor Recreation. Secondly, becoming a P.A.C.I. (Professional Association of Climbing Instructor) Guide. And finally completing P.A.C.I. Instructor training and qualification. In the past delivering formal recreational Abseil, Toprope climbing, Self rescue and Vertical rescue training. Now Pete focuses on his passion for guiding and gear sales through experience and honest advice.
Starting Topknot Climbing was defiitley a Highlight for Peter and to this day, to be still doing it, is a bigger milestone!
Many years not just on the rock, Pete has completed numerous multi day hikes and has undertaken many local and interstate sea kayak expeditions. His ongoing passion for the outdoors is strong and, willingness to share his experience is an invaluable resource to those planning to undertake similar outdoor adventures and looking for fair dinkum advice.
Apart from delivering ongoing climbing and abseil activities to many local schools and community groups. Pete also provides a weelky bouldering session at the Cairns Esplanade Boulder Park, working directly with the Cairns Regional Coucil as part of the Active Living Program.
Below are some other career highlights:
- Provide Self Rescue ropes training to Nepalese Gurkha Soldiers.
- Deliver Vertical Rescue training to AJ Hackett Bungy “Jump Masters”.
- Crew member of the Skyrail Cableway Rescue team.
- Founding Commitie member and first qualified guide for the Cairns Climbing Club.
- Invasive weed “Bitou Bush” removal from 200m+ sea cliffs, Lorde Howe Is.
- Provide a variety of climbing activities to NPA Cape York Communities.
- Build a Climbing/Bouldering area for the kids and community of Lockhart River.
- Devise, build, test and run challenges at height for several reality TV shows, Throughout North Queensland and overseas.
- Several Rigging jobs for popular beer TV ads.
- Devise and run ropes challenges for Local and Interstate Adventure races.